I'm tired of my daily routine, but I don't know how to switch it up or how to stop worrying about the stuff that I have no control over. You know the saying, "don't sweat the small stuff", that saying was developed for me. Yesterday I was having one of those poor-pitiful-me-days. So, I decided that I was going to go outside and blow bubbles with Morgan and try and forget about the vacuuming, dusting, laundry, etc. But, I wasn't able to, while in the back yard blowing bubbles. I had all those "do to" things on my mind. Don't get me wrong, I had so much fun with her teaching her how to blow bubbles, and watching her squeal and laugh as she was chasing them around, but I couldn't forget about my list. It really makes me sad, and I know I'm not the only one that struggles with this, I'm sure 99.9% of all moms do. I want to be a fun mom, I want my kids to look back and remember that I played and laughed with them, but it's so much easier said than done. So, when I'm having a down day, I'm going to try and remember to play more and worry less. I'm going to put playing with my kids on my to do list, because if I don't, I know it won't get done. Today I'm going to sit down and color and read with her, because those are her favorite things, I'm going to try and worry less about my work schedule, and cleaning schedule. Life is too short to worry about those things that are always going to be there. My kids won't be small forever, but my housework is here to stay, darn I wish it could be the other way around. I'm going to be more grateful that my Heavenly Father has trusted me to be their mother.

2 comments:
Jay, I totally get that! It's so hard for me to relax when I know I have a list of things (specifically housework) to get done. I feel like I will be relaxed and ready to play once the house is clean, and I'm constantly saying, "just let me get this done first". I hate that! Today I'm going to go outside and blow bubbles with the kids. Thanks for reminding me!
Down days are tough, I've had my share! Thanks for the bubble reminder though, that needs to be done :)
Post a Comment