Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had another fun Halloween. Jeff was busy getting the garage ready for his mad scientist lab, and had taken off a few days work to do so. I don't get involved in this because it is "his thing", he gets in a zone and I don't want to get in his way, it works out for nice for the both of us.

At the beginning of September I had asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween and Ian claimed he didn't want to be anything, so I told him if he wanted to go trick-or-treating he had to dress-up, so I suggested he be a baseball player. Easy enough for the both of us since he played baseball during the spring and fall he had everything he needed. I also suggested that he find a couple of friends to go trick-or-treating with so he didn't have to tag along with Morgan and I. He thought this was a great idea, so he and a friend from school got together and seriously hit the jackpot.

Morgan wanted to be Minnie Mouse, and I said "perfect", because she already had a Minnie costume that she received from her birthday. She was able to dress-up 3 different times. One for her preschool party, another time for a friend get together/Halloween party, and of course trick-or-treating. Our ward had our annual trunk-or-treat, but due to the rain the had to go inside. Morgan and I were seriously gone 30 minutes and then back home for hot chocolate and movies. She was happy with the candy she got and I was happy that we didn't have to go to every single house in the neighborhood to see how much candy we could get. I know that will be the case in a couple years, so I'm taking advantage as long as I can.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!


Our pumpkins from the garden - they were really BIG this year!


Filling up on chili and hot dogs before going out to trick-or-treat



The Mad Scientist with Minnie Mouse



3 comments:

ChicChat said...

So cute. I love that Minnie costume.

R.G. said...

I am wondering how popular your house must be with a Mad Scientist lab? Fun!

Kim said...

Love the Minnie Mouse costume. Kills me that Ian didn't want to be anything--he can't be that old already can he??