I can't believe it was August since I last posted and this year is almost over. Life got a little crazy for our family when I decided to go back to work in September. My other work at home job was not longer working out for me and I knew and felt like I needed to make a change. I had heard that O'Currance in Draper was hiring and that you could be a home agent with this company. I applied and got hired on. I came home and cried, knowing that things would be a lot different for our family. They only gave me a couple choices in my schedule, and I decided to do the evening shift Saturday-Wednesday 4-10 PM. With the Holidays it has been very busy so we have been required to put in 40 hours a week. This has also been very difficult for me. I feel like I'm running around like a crazy person all the time trying to get everything done that I need to do. It has made me be a bit more "scheduled" though, I actually find that I am getting more done because my time is much more limited.. What I thought would be a couple weeks working in the office has turned into several months. I kept getting different answers from everyone as to when I could start working from home. The desk that I am working on wants you to have a 22% conversion rate on the product that we sell the most. When I finally got to this rate, I got may paper work signed and then had to wait for a phone, and then also had to wait for IT to call and help me set everything up, by the time I had finally gotten everything set-up my conversion rate had dropped so I was still stuck going in to work. They are however splitting the desk that I'm on and will be solely selling one product instead of 4 different ones, and should be able to stay at home from then on, this will also give me the chance to change my schedule to work days. Hopefully, this change will give us some sort of normalcy again. Jeff has been a trooper and helping out a lot. I couldn't do this without him.
On another note, the kids are doing great! Morgan started kindergarten (the day I got my job). I thought I would have a hard time sending her off to kindergarten, but I had more anxiety about Ian being in 8th grade. I'm so glad that he will still be in middle school next year, I am so not ready to have a kid old enough to be in High School...aye aye aye!!!!
We are enjoying the Christmas season and recently adopted an "Elf" from Santa. Morgan named her Hart. She has been very mischievous, we have found a snow angel made out of sugar on our kitchen table, she got herself a glass of milk and ate a cookie, she has played with Morgan's barbies and her My little Ponies and we've found her hanging on the pull for the ceiling fan. We are sure having fun finding out where she will be next!
Counting My Blessings- Faith
5 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment