Friday, June 14, 2013

Miscellaneous

I often think I should just give-up my blog.  I don't think people read it anymore, and I'm totally ok with that, but then I remember how bad I am at journaling and this is my way of doing so, so I guess I'll keep those posts coming!  This post is just an eclectic mixture of things that have been happening around here and not in any specific order!

Morgan had her spring dance recital and danced to a country song called knee deep!  We love watching her dance and develop her talent!



Easter weekend our van that we've had for 11 years blew a head gasket.  We contemplated fixing it, but with over 160k miles on it we decided we'd try and sell it as it.  We had a few offers, but decided to sell it to the pick and pull place.  It may sound really funny, but I was really sad to see it go there, having people pick all the parts out of it just didn't seem right to me.  It was a good car for us.  We bought it when Ian was 3 years old and drove Morgan home from the hospital in it.  Many trips to Grandma and Grandpas house in Wyoming were taken in it, also a trip to Montana when Grandma and Grandpa moved there, a trip to Disneyland etc. etc.  We are excited about a new car though and all the fun adventures that we will have in it.





Morgan lost her first tooth, also her 2nd and 3rd.  She also has 2 loose top teeth.  This girl is going to be all toothless!




I trained for the little red riding hood bike ride on June 1st.  It was held just a few miles north of Logan in a farming community called Lewiston.  We stayed in Logan the night before and made a fun mini vacation out of it.  I did the 36 mile ride and enjoyed every minute of it.  The ride was mostly flat with a few uphills.  I was tired at the end but felt really good.  Next year I'm planning on doing the 50 mile ride. The people with road bikes were passing me like crazy. I have decided to save-up and purchase a road bike for the ride next year!  My Mother in law did the 18 mile ride on her new bike.  



Coming in!!



Morgan shared a FHE lesson in her dance costume about the Holy Ghost!  She brought those papers home from primary and was so excited to share with us what she had learned.  She also performed a dance for us and the closing of her lesson!


No comments: