
About a month ago I had book club at my house. I made some yummy treats, and everyone oooed and awwed over them. Well...I opened up my big mouth and started talking about how much I enjoy entertaining and preparing food especially holiday food. I even blurted out that I WOULD LOVE to teach a class on holiday goodies, without realizing that a member of the R.S. was sitting right there. That Sunday morning I got a call from the Enrichment leader asking if I would be willing to do a class on holiday foods in October. I of course said "SURE, I'D LOOOOOOVE TO." So, I started planning what I was going to demo, I had so many things that I wanted to do, but with only an hour of class time I really had to narrow it down. So, I made my shopping lists, recipe handout and list of to do's. I was getting really excited to be in my kitchen all day prepping and preparing for my class. I started with my cinnamon popcorn, I had to do this ahead of time because it would have taken too long at class. Then, I made my pumpkin bites. I was SO excited to have the aroma of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves roaming through my house all day. Then I made my cream cheese icing for my pumpkin bites. I crused up Nilla wafers for my chocolate candy balls, I premeasured my brown sugar and cinnamon for my pumpkin dip, and went back to to store to buy Nutter Butters for my ghost cookies. In the middle of my mayhem I had scouts. I came home after scouts, cleaned up my kitchen and went through my list to make sure I had everything. At 6:30 I left for the church and hauled all everything in and set up for my class. I really did have a fun time teaching the class, and by 8:30 I was hauling things from the church to my car and then from the car to the house. It reminded me of my days selling pampered chef, and how much I hated the hauling in and out of the car and the clean-up. By the time I got home and unloaded the car I just wanted to crawl into bed, but I didn't want to wake up to a huge mess, so I unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it back up. I did leave some dirty dishes in the sink. I was so happy that I didn't have to wake up to a mess.
WHAT A MESS!!!
Still not very clean but at least the majority is finished!!!









2 comments:
mmmmm those treats sound tantalizing! i wish i could go to your class! i could seriously use a crash course in that department! put those recipes on the family website! yummy!
Kim, my cinnamon popcorn and Hershey candy balls are on the family recipe list. I will post the other ones. I had to throw away some of my popcorn because everytime I would go into the kitchen it was there and I'd take a handful - it is very delicious
Post a Comment