Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Field Trip

Ian only has about a month before he starts 4th grade. I've been trying to cram a bunch of things for us to do while he's on his short summer break that doesn't cost a lot of money. We recently got a membership to the pool and fitness center so we can go swimming anytime we want. Ian is also taking swim lessons and will finish on Thursday, but I'll sign him up for the next level. On Monday we didn't have anything going on so I thought it would be fun to take him to Wheeler Farm. It's an old historical farm with wagon rides, a duck pond, horses, cows (very smelly), pigs & chickens. When I first mentioned to Ian that we should take a field trip to Wheeler farm he wasn't too excited, come to find out later it was because of the smell. He said as long as we weren't by the cows it was an o.k. place to be. Morgan had fun looking at the geese and seemed puzzled by their honking abilities. Here are some pictures of our field trip to the farm!

Watching the chickens

Hangin' out at the duck pond



Playing in the tree house

3 comments:

Kim said...

what a great place to take kids! i'm with Ian--smelly cows can just stay away!

Amy said...

What a fun field trip. I've been doing the same thing. Trying to think of fun things that don't cost too much money. It's tough because there are so many fun things, but the $ can add up fast.

R.G. said...

Ian looks to be a very good big brother, such sweet pictures of them together!