On Saturday evening we misplaced Morgans pacifier. We actually have two laying around but she will only take one of the two. They are exactly the same but one of them is more worn out than the other and she likes the newer of the two. So, when we misplaced the newer one she threw a fit when we gave it to her at bedtime. She sucked on it for a second, took it out of her mouth, and threw it on the ground. I knew that I was in for a rough night unless I found it quick. I had Jeff and Ian helping me search high and low. We looked in cupboards, drawers, all of her toys, under the sofas, you name it we looked. Jeff and I kept asking each other if we were ready to deal with the consequences of taking the pacifier away for good. I hadn't had the chance to mentally prepare for it, so we decided to go to the store and get a new one. Wal-Mart is only a few blocks away so I drove over there at 9:30 on Saturday evening, and guess what?... they didn't have any of the kind that she takes. I stopped to think to myself is it worth it to drive all over town looking for this specific pacifier for a good night sleep....OH YES!!! So I went to another store not to far away and they had 2 packages left...yea, so all is well and now I have a taste of what it may be like when we finally decide to take the good ole binky away. The next morning Ian found the missing one in a cup that she had been playing with earlier that day on the kitchen counter, probably the only place we didn't look, so now we have three spare!
7 comments:
LOL! That's how Alex finally gave his up, but he was a little older. It only took a day or 2 and he was fine but there were a few miserable hours. She's sure a cutie!
I would have driven around late at night also. You really have to prepare for those things.
Hey! I have some questions for you- will you e-mail me? nicholetteweekes@hotmail.com Thanks!
Been there done that! Becca finally had to give hers up because we couldn't find it. It wasn't too bad.
That elusive "good nights sleep". I'd drive around town for it not a doubt in my mind.
A million years ago when Johnny was a small babe, (he is now 30!!!), his pacifier went missing! I called John at his BYU office and made him go look in the street. Yep! It had fallen out of the VW when I had dropped John off at campus. AND, it had been run over! We did not have the money to buy another one! Sad but true!!!
Like your blog Jayleen! I linked to it from Larae's blog. We went through this with Alyssa too. I think we had 4 or 5 at the time we couldn't find any of them. She woke up in the middle of the night after going to sleep without it. I had found one in the meantime. She wasn't very happy when she woke up and so I thought I would give it to her and she was so mad she threw it across the room. The next day she didn't ask for it so I figured this was it. I think the other 4 binky's were found within a day or two. They were stuffed in Mikayla's purses. We never went back to a binky. It's amazing how much we depend on those things for awhile! I remember going to the store late at night for that "certain" style of binky. Glad you found one and didn't have to go clear across the valley! I notice you have ABBA songs on your playlist! Have you seen MamaMia? Call me if you want to go! It's a fun movie to see if you like ABBA.
Post a Comment