Thursday, July 16, 2009

Going Gray

It's no secret that my hair is going gray. Anyone who's seen me lately has probably noticed this:
(If you say you haven't noticed then I know you just being nice)


I'm writing this post waiting for my hair to process to cover those darn gray hairs up.






My first gray hair was discovered only hours after going through labor and later a c-section by my dear husband (I think he should have waited a little longer to tell me). I was only 25. For a few years after that they were not very noticeable, I could pull them out and get rid of them as they grew in. Unfortunately 10 years later, 2 kids, and a lot of stress, this is no longer the case. My hair now requires me to cover up these ugly stubborn gray hairs about every 4-6 weeks. I have it professionally done about every 3 months, but the cost involved can be a bit pricey, so I do it myself when I can't get to the salon. This last time I think I let it go way too long, I kept reminding myself everyday that I needed to go to the store and get the color, but just kept putting it off. I sure wish I was one of those lucky people who don't go gray until their 50's, or if I was blond, I could hide them better, (hmmm, that's an idea, I could color it blond, should I go platinum?) So, for those lucky people out their that have good genes, and/or blond hair, think of me and how lucky you are that you don't HAVE to color your hair.


Yay, no more gray hairs (for a few weeks anyway)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful, either way!

Kim said...

like Amy said, gray or not you have awesome hair!

ssh said...

don't feel bad. the hubs is already sporting salt and pepper...and has been for awhile. the color turned out nice!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could get the nerve to color my hair! Love the color!

Sharlyn said...

I've found a few grey too. I'm hoping though that I've got more of my Dad's genes. He's still quite dark (except the temples) and his mother is 82 and has never colored her hair to my knowledge. She only has a little bit of grey, now there's some great pigment :)

ChicChat said...

You're so cute. I really never notice the gray because you do have a beautiful color of hair.
...I love the "Freedom" clip too.