Thursday, July 30, 2009

Silly Girl

Today at nap time Morgan was refusing to go to sleep. I thought it was going to be one of those "no nap days" which at about 5 pm is not very fun to be around her. About a 1/2 hour into her playing I went to her room and reminded her it was nap time, she looked at me with a huge grin and said "poopy", so I changed her diaper and left her again to take a nap. I was hoping that this was what was keeping her from falling asleep. Unfortunately she continued to play and play and just about the time that I needed to log into work I went to her room and reminded her again that it was nap time and that she needed to lay down. I logged into work and thought that she had gone to sleep because I didn't hear anything for a while. Shortly after logging in I heard her talking and playing again, and just assumed that she decided to forgo that nap today and play in her bed instead. After being logged into work for about a 1/2 hour the Internet and phone connection went dead. While dealing with this I realized that Morgan had FINALLY gone to sleep, and before logging back into work I peeked in on her and found this:


her diaper was on the floor, she was completely buck naked. I had to wake her up to put her diaper back on, luckily she went back to sleep.

7 comments:

ChicChat said...

That is so cute, but it looks like she's folded in half. Ouch!

Amy said...

So cute. Dylan went through a phase of taking his diaper off every nap time. I had to always put him in overalls, until he discovered he could reach inside and take off the diaper without having to take off the overalls. It was frustrating, but funny too. Good luck. Hopefully this isn't a new thing for her.

Kim said...

What a great picture! So funny that they think of these kinds of things to do.

R.G. said...

She is so cute! Let me just say that duck tape keeps those diapers on. :>

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

My sister-in-law and I were just talking about how kids can fall asleep in the most unusual and uncomfortable positions! Too funny!

Sharlyn said...

I think all of my kids kept the diaper on, but they all went through a "no clothes" phase. It got to the point with Carrie that I wouldn't even get her dressed unless we were going somewhere, because not long after I dressed her, she was down to the diaper. :)

Jen said...

Yikes! Good thing she did the "poopy" before she fell asleep. That could've been a fun-filled day!

I am totally envious of her flexibility and total cuteness!