I started a new journey yesterday, and that is a quest for a healthier lifestyle which I'm hoping will result in permanent weight loss. I'm not starting any fad diet or using any weight loss pills, but I am reading this book called "Healthy for Life" by Dr. Ray Strand. It has been a real eye opener for me. I don't usually put things out there in the open for the whole world to know what I'm doing (especially dealing with weight issues and weightloss), but I feel that by doing so will help me be more accountable for my new lifestyle. I'm going to admit that I'm nervous and scared of failure, and that my motivation will quickly go away (like it has in the past), but I'm determined more than ever to be healthy, to look healthy and finish what I've started. So I hope you don't mind that I periodically let you know how my new lifestyle is going and I'm going to post before, during and after pictures as well.
9 comments:
Go Jayleen!! That's awesome. Best of luck with your journey. I'm excited to hear about your progress! I'll be cheering you on in spirit!
You go girl! I have thought about posting before and after pics and using my blog as my diet journal and have backed down several times. I support you all the way! Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon. ;) Good luck with your journey!
I'd love a partner Camille :)!!!
Very excited for you Jay. I need lots of motivation, so give me all you can. I could never exercise regularly until this 5K race I just did. I registered early so I couldn't back out. As soon as it was done, I stopped running. So I need to find another race to sign up for. Apparanlty that is all that will keep me going. Also, I meet with some friends once a week. We have our own little weight watchers type club, but without having to pay the dues. It helps to have that weekly encouragment from a few close friends who are all going through the same thing. We did the race together.
I'm so proud of you!!! This was a huge step for you- sharing our lives in all their forms takes tremendous amounts of courage. You inspire me!!
Jay, I love this honest and real post. I know with my own journey with food addiction and an eating disorder - NAMING it and CLAIMING it brought the greatest healing in my own journey.
Jayleen, I would be interested in joining you. Is it available at the library? I'm tired of not finishing what i finished too!
Larae, you may be able to check it out at the library. I bought mine off of Amazon for $12, I like having my own copy so that I can mark in it.
You'll be great!! I went to weight watchers for a year, meeting those small goals are real motivators. Share with us, I'll share with you. My nemesis is exercise *blah* I have little motivation for that!
Post a Comment