Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh What do you do in the Summertime...

This summer is going by way too fast...please slow it down. I'm loving having my kids home from school. Our Summer has been busy, but also relaxing & enjoyable.

So far this summer we have had Morgan in swimming lessons. She has been a little fish and is enjoying it so much more than she did last year.





Jeff spent a week in South Africa for work. I was totally jealous that he "had" to go to South Africa for work. He had a day of leisure and got some fun pictures and video in the Lion Park. He also brought us home some fun treasures. He's hoping he get to go back in a month or so, but it's not for sure yet. I'm hoping that he gets to go to, only because it means that he'll have earned enough frequent flyer miles for 2 round trip tickets anywhere in the U.S. I'm already working up plans in my head for a trip to NYC for our anniversary.







We recently went to Wyoming for my Grandpa's 90th Birthday celebration. It was so fun visiting with him and family and friends that I haven't seen in ages.

This is a picture of my Grandpa Huff in his younger years. I think he is very handsome.

Right after we returned from Wyoming I sent the boys (Jeff and Ian) off to scout camp for a week. This was Ian's first time camping and I had some anxiety about sending him since the week before there were 3 death from boys and scout camp...ugh. Luckily Jeff was there to keep an eye out for him and to make sure he changed his underwear and brushed his teeth daily (NOT).
Ian is working hard on his merit badges. He came home with 4 completed :)!!!




While the boys were gone Morgan and I had a very relaxing week. Lots of late night movie parties, toenail painting and swimming days. I almost hated having it come to an end we had some fun girl time bonding!

Ian moved down into our basement/spare bedroom recently and I moved all my office things from our master bedroom into his old bedroom. I spruced it up with a fresh coat of medium brown paint and organized my desk and filing cabinet. It is so clean and refreshing to have my own place to work. The walls are still bare, but I'm working on getting some decorations in there. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures.

I'm throwing some pictures in from our 4th of July. We watched the West Jordan Parade and later went to my Sisters house for a BBQ.



I hoping to pack some more fun into our summer before school starts!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! I'm glad you had bonding "girl time" with Morgan :) btw, thanks for the lotion you sent, that was very thoughtful :)