Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School

The kids headed back to school on Monday. I'm a little sad to see summer coming to an end. I'm really missing our mornings of sleeping in and our late nights watching movies.

After church on Sunday the kids had their annual school fathers blessings. We all felt the spirit very strong in our home. This year I made it a point to write down the blessings and I will type them up so they can refer to it throughout the year.

Ian is super excited about middle school, I could tell the night before he had the jitters though. He was worried about when his lunch break was going to be (it wasn't listed on his schedule), he was worried about his locker combination, and he was worried about getting to his classes on time. On Monday morning he walked across the street to meet his friends to go to the bus stop, and I secretly wanted to walk with him and hold his hand to make sure he made it there o.k. I'm still glad that he doesn't think giving his mom a hug goodbye is not cool.



Morgan was also super excited about starting her second year in pre-school. She loves her teacher and is excited about making new friends.









3 comments:

Jen said...

The first day of 7th grade is scary for the mom and the kids! I was a nervous wreck! Next year, it will be a piece of cake. Can I just tell ya... I'm kinda excited to have Conner start pre-school. I need a little break!

Cute pics of your kids!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

cute pictures! I hope Ian is liking jr high. It can be rough on us moms!

Jennae said...

They started with style! They look great!