Morgan turned 5 last week and had a very fun filled day! She chose cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast and was excited about going to pre-school to share her day with her friends. After pre-school we went to lunch with her friend to her favorite place "Old McDonalds". After lunch her friend came home with her to have a play date. Later that afternoon we ventured to Build A Bear. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she told me she wanted a puppy. So, I quickly had to come up with something that would steer her mind away from that much wanted dog. I mentioned Build A Bear to her and explained to her that she would get to pick out her own bear, watch it get stuffed, give it a bath, pick out new clothes and then name her bear. She was so excited and I never heard the mention of a new puppy again. Here she is at Build A Bear creating her new bear named "Butterfly"
On Saturday she had her friend party and chose a "Garden/Fairy" theme. I made the tissue paper pom poms in the back and Morgan wanted to keep them up for a few days longer, so they are still adorning our nook.
Butterfly Pinata
We played a "hot potato" game to open presents. We played music while passing around her stuffed frog, when the music stopped the person who was holding the frog got to give Morgan their present from the pile. It was a bit confusing to them, but it all worked out and everyone was happy.
Blowing out her 5 candles on her butterfly cupcake cake
We LOVE Morgan to death and we couldn't imagine our lives without her. It's hard to imagine that 5 years have flown by so quickly. As her birthday was approaching we would tell her that she had to stay 4 forever, but she promised us that she would stay 5 forever :)! There are so many things about Morgan that I LOVE
She is my "girls night out" companion when the boys are camping - oh yea, we are looking forward to a whole week of "girls nights out" in June when the boys will be at scout camp!!! She makes me laugh and appreciate the simple things in life.
Morgans Likes:
Spaghetti
Reading, Reading and Reading - did I mention Reading
Coloring
Creating
swimming
taking baths
being outside & riding her bike
painting her fingers and toes
sleeping in
story time
pre-school
Morgan's Dislikes:
broccoli
Grilled cheese sandwiches & Quesadillas - she said she doesn't like the melty cheese part, but she will still eat pizza.
going to bed
getting up in the morning (sometimes I think she must be 15 not 5)
spiders & bugs
This is how much she LOVES her books - they are all over her room most nights when I go to kiss her goodnight on my way to bed. She has to have a stack of books in her bed with her before I leave the room.
I Love the broken glasses I caught her wearing a few nights ago. She is always making me laugh!






1 comment:
Love the cake, love the decorations, love her! Glad she had a great day.
Thanks for checking in on me too! I hope that you are doing well too! I hear little updates of what you guys have been up to from Morgan, but miss talking with you. I'm up for a girls night anytime this summer!! My schedule is open :)
Post a Comment