This year our ward has encouraged all families to plant a garden. We have planted a garden most years, but haven't been very good about making it a good garden. We don't prep our soil well, we are not good at weeding, we only plant a couple of things. This year I decided that for my Mother's day gift that I wanted a garden that was planted properly and tended to on a regular basis. So, for Family Home Evening a couple weeks ago we spent the night pulling weeds and turning the soil. The following Monday for Family Home Evening we spread fertilizer onto the soil and tilled it, and the we planted our seeds. My mother in law said to soak the seeds for a day or 2 before you plant them. We have corn, zuchinni, cantalope, carrots, tomatoes & pumpkins. We even made a small area for Morgan to plant her own garden, she says she wants to be a farmer someday. We are excited to watch our garden grow and have fresh veggies to eat this summer.
Tilling
Raking
Our seeds ready to be planted
Morgan's own garden
Dirty hands
All finished and waiting to grow
1 comment:
We planted ours too! I can't wait tohave the veggies either. I also wanted to tell you that you are looking so good! This is so random, but Dustin said he saw you at the gym the other day, and he said, "Wow! Jayleen's lost a lot weight." Keep going!! :)
Post a Comment