Saturday, January 26, 2008

Operation Organization!


The other night as I was preparing for bed I noticed how messy my bedroom looked, laundry baskets full of unfolded clothes and baby clothes given to me that I haven't gone through yet. It doesn't help that I have my desk in my bedroom, and it is ALWAYS messy, no matter how hard I try to keep it clean. So, I said to my husband "We need to have an operation organization around this house". His response was "You fell down and broke what?" HA HA, that's ALWAYS his response when he "pretends" to not hear what I say. I know he secretly wants to be organized too and it drives him nuts with how much STUFF he has, and he says it's in his genes. If it "is" in the genes then Ian inherited this trait too, poor thing. I wish I could hire a professional to come organize for me. I know I would keep it up after it was all done, but the processes of getting there is going to be brutal. I get really excited when I see containers and fun cute things to organize in, and then I buy them and they just sit around collecting dust waiting to be used. Part of my problem has been mail, we get so much junk mail and I don't take the time to go through it right away and it moves from one counter to the other and then gets piled on my desk, so I have been taking the time to go through the mail daily and shredding papers and throwing things away, I guess that's one step closer to getting organized, but there are many things that I need to start working on as well. So, my goal this year is to get my WHOLE house organized room by room and have it stay that way. Wish me luck, because I REALLY REALLY need it!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Maybe I should cut and paste this onto my blog because I am the same way! I totally love organization stuff--I wander the container isle dreamily, but there are just those areas where it really is just sad. I cleaned out the big cupboard above the fridge that holds cold cereal, chips, candy, hot chocolate, and anything else that will fit in there from who knows when. The entire cupboard was lined with skittles (loose) from Caleb's b-day party-last april. Ok, so that's not just being unorganized, it's just gross!

Angie Nichols said...

That's a great goal Jay! I did that last December for Matt's Christmas present... and I kept the house spotless for a whole month! And then it quickly went back to the way it was before... which is how it is now. How embarrassing. It's so hard do keep things organized. Good luck!

Jill said...

ooo ooo hire me! i love to throw away other people's stuff and get rid of their clutter. mine - i'm not so good at. maybe we could all swap houses and get it done.

Sharlyn said...

Organizing, the bane of my existence! For me it's more a matter of "flat surface syndrome" where any counter or table top is open for piles of stuff. Let me know how it goes!

Jayleen said...

Ooo, "flat surface syndrome" that is SO ME, and my husband, and my son! Maybe Morgan will be the organizer of the family...I'm crossing my fingers.