
I never considered myself to be a makeup sob until about 2 years ago. The company that I contract with takes orders for Bare Escentuals. I took a few calls for them here and there but like most of the products that I take calls for I never really thought too much about it, Until my mom came back from a HUGE shopping spree and the Mall of America. She told me all about her experience and what she had bought and then she mentioned that she had a makeover at one of the Bare Escentuals shops and that she ended up buying all new makeup. She had me convinced that it was great makeup just by seeing how beautiful and natural she looked. I ordered the "basic" set, which includes 2 foundations, 1 mineral veil, and 1 warmth, plus some brushes and a cute bag to put it all in. I have been using this for about 2 1/2 years and I swear I will not go back to regular liquid makeup again. I continued to use regular mascara and eyeliner until recently when I was just "looking" on Sephora's website to see what was available, I really didn't have any intentions on buying anything but just doing a little "window shopping". I had a VERY weak moment and thought I would try some eyeshadows that they have available. I wasn't sure what to try so I saw that they had a "get started" eye kit. It came with 3 basic neutral eyeshadow colors 1 eyeliner color and 3 brushes, so like I said I had a weak moment and ordered it, but may I mention I got free shipping because it came with a promotion code, so $49 later, and a very sweet husband that doesn't say much when I order things. The great thing with Bare Escentualsis is that even though it's a little expensive, it will last a long time. I guess I can consider it my Valentines gift to myself.






7 comments:
bare minerals--the best thing that has ever happened to make-up. LOVE IT!!! So light and natural and yet gives such flawless coverage. Tell me how you like the eye makeup. And sephora--don't even get me started. I really don't buy a lot from them but every time my catalog comes in the mail I get giddy--yeah makeup!!! Ah, the joys of being of woman!
I LOVE the eye makeup especially the eyeliner it doesn't wear off so you look "fresh" all day!
from one make-up snob to another....good for you!!! enjoy it!!!
I wear so little make up, I might spend 10 dollars a year. *rolls eyes* foundation under my eyes to hide the dark circles and eyeliner and mascara. I used to wear foundation all over my face, but quit that several years ago when I ran out of time to put it on. Must have been after the second baby :) Maybe I could look into this. I meant to ask you on your last post Jayleen, what is it that you do in your job?
Sharlyn, I work for an a company called Liveops as an independent contractor taking inbound sales and customer service calls, most of the calls are from informercials. I've been doing it for about 5 years and love the flexibility. www.liveops.com
I keep thinking about plunking down the cash for the bare minerals make-up...good to hear from someone who actually uses it. How long does it take to put on? My make-up time is very limited!
Robyn, It takes about the same amount of time to put it on as other makeup maybe a little bit longer at first until you get used to the routine. I don't use ALL of my makeup every day only on Sundays and specail occasions will I use all of it.
Post a Comment