Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snowed In!

We have SO much snow, more snow that i've ever seen since we moved to Utah 9 years ago. We heard the weather reports that there was another "small" storm on its way, with only 2-3" in the valleys and 4-6" on the benches. It started about 2 yesterday afternoon and as I looked out the window before heading up to work it was very light flurries, at about 3:30 I heard wind outside my window but didn't bother looking, I didn't take a peek until I heard pelting sound on my window. WOW, was I SUPRISED to see nothing but WHITE. The wind was blowing so hard and snowing that it was a REAL blizzard, similar to the one we got caught in on our way to Wyoming at Christmas. This time I was so grateful to not be out driving in it but felt so bad for all the kids who were stuck at school, or I guess I should say the parents whos kids were stuck at school, I think the kids were having a ball being stranded. I felt bad for my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law who was on their way back to my house and got caught in the midst of it, luckily the worst hadn't come yet. I felt bad for all the commuters who had to sit in dead stop traffic for HOURS just to make it home. And, I feel bad for all those that had to shovel the "little" snow that we were supposed to get. My husband said that it was about a foot of snow. The piles are SO high, WOW, what a winter we've had, is there any chance of springtime anytime soon?
I am very grateful for all the snow we've had this year, who knows what's in store for us next winter.

No comments: