Baked my pumpkins that we grew in the garden this year. I'm always in the mood to bake with pumpkin in the fall, and I've never pureed my own pumpkin before, so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try.
After an hour and a half of baking


I scooped it out of the shell and pured it all in several batches

this was after I squeezed all the water out of it
I was left with two quart sized bags.
Pumpkin Smoothies - unfortunately they didn't taste all that great, so I won't post the recipe.
And the next day I did it all over again with the second pumpkin and skipped the smoothie part! Now I'm in the mood to bake something pumpkiny. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread or cookies anyone?
And the next day I did it all over again with the second pumpkin and skipped the smoothie part! Now I'm in the mood to bake something pumpkiny. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread or cookies anyone?







4 comments:
So was that seemed like a pretty easy thing to do. I guess I always thought getting the actual part of the pumpkin you can eat was a big process. I don't think I will be attempting it! You're the cook, I'll leave it up to you!
So great that you took that on. I've always wanted to try, but have never made the time. Was it worth it? Is is any better than the canned. You inspire me. Now I want to bake something!
I'm so impressed! Mmm, pumpkin anything is so scrupmtious. I made pumpkin choc. chip muffins tonight but used a mix so I'm sure something from fresh pumpkins would be so yummy. Post your recipes!
oh i should do that with my pumpkins sitting on the front porch. pumpkin pancakes and cider syrup? please share...
Post a Comment