Thursday, November 20, 2008

Different Personalities

I love it that both of my children have their own unique and individual personalities. We have so much fun watching our little Morgan grow up and change everyday, and we often hear ourselves saying "Did Ian do that?" "I don't remember Ian saying or doing that?" Of course he could have done some of the things Morgan is doing and it's just because it's been a long time ago that he went through some of the things that she is currently going through. For instance I remember Ian being a fairly clean eater, hardly ever dropping any food on the floor and very minimal cleanup required. Morgan is another story, I learned only after my 3rd plate broke that I shouldn't give her food on a "normal people" plate. I know your probably thinking, duh? But, I honestly didn't think that she'd throw her plates on the floor on purpose. She also loves to dump food off of her plate onto her tray and then throw her plate onto the floor. Forget the cute plastic plates with compartments to keep her food separated. She'd rather dump it all onto her tray and smoosh it all around. And then there's her "nini" (binky), we only let her have it at nap time or bed time, but toward the end of the day she gets really whiny and starts asking for it. I remember Ian liking his binky but not nearly as much as she does. We took it away at 18 months and had only a few nights of crying at bedtime for it. We are almost afraid to take Morgan's "nini" away because of her love of it. Morgan throws a tantrum easier than Ian ever did. Morgan is a big tease and likes to hide things and say "where did it go" although it's not that clear it's more of a "wherego". Ian cuddled, and Morgan scratches and hits and pulls hair (really hard), and only cuddles when she's sick, sad or tired. Morgan likes to undress herself and hates wearing her shoes, Ian always kept his clothes on. Morgan likes to yell really LOUD. Some of that comes from Ian's taunting.

I love that we are all unique sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and that he loves us all individually. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me to be the mother of two adorable wonderful children. It's truly an awesome responsibility.

2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

I have been amazed at similar things watching all my children go through similar stages of development. ALL my kids are loud though. Either that or I have way too sensitive ears, I ask them daily to not be so LOUD. "Sorry mom". *sigh* ;-)

Mrs T said...

I also tell my children, daily, to not use an outside voice inside. (That's the teacher in me) And oh does Corbyn so like to taunt Treysen. Some days it drives me crazy.