Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks

We had a wonderful quiet Thanksgiving. We usually don't ever go anywhere and this year it was no different. I always used to be so sad that we couldn't be together with my family or Jeff's family for a huge get together, but over the years I've grown accustomed to it just being our little family and a simple, but hearty Thanksgiving dinner. With whatever job Jeff has had over the years has required him to work the day after Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving day.

Our Thanksgiving morning was relaxed with a simple breakfast of gingerbread muffins, thanks to Wasatch woman magazine, and lounging in front of the T.V. watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. Morgan and Ian played so well together and I was able to make my apple pie, sausage stuffing and get the Turkey in the oven without interruption. We watched movies and ate pie after dinner and were so grateful to all be together in the comfort of our nice warm home.

For Family Home Evening last week Jeff printed out a paper with blank spaces that we were to fill in over the week of things that we were to be grateful for, we had a follow-up this week and it was amazing to see SO MANY things, that we have in our lives to help make us more comfortable. I am truly grateful for so many things in my life that I can't even begin to name them all. I love this time of year, and even though the Christmas season can get a little hectic it's so nice to be able to reflect upon the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and the ultimate gift that he gave us all.

2 comments:

R.G. said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I love thanksgiving. It makes me stop and reflect on all my blessings.

I think it would be fun to have just a little family holiday celebration!