Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. We woke up very early on Christmas morning to no power. The wind had been blowing all night long with a lot of snow falling. We watched the kids come down to view their treasures from Santa. We opened presents and ate cold cereal instead of warm ooey gooey cinnamon rolls. Jeff brought in his backpacking stove to boil some hot water for hot chocolate and by 10 am the power was back on, and thank goodness it came back on, because our house got down to 60 degrees. We spent the rest of the morning baking the cinnamon rolls, making a dessert for dinner, getting dressed, shoveling A LOT of snow and getting ready to go see my brother-in-law and his family along with Jeff's parents. The drive down to their was was fairly uneventful, but the drive back that night was in another storm with icy snowy roads, our car barely made it up our little hill to our house and into the driveway, I thought for sure we'd get stuck. I'm always so sad to see the Christmas season go so fast, I just want it to last a little longer, but in a few days I'll take the ornaments off the tree, package up my beautiful willow tree nativity, pull my stockings down and box everything else up and I look forward to doing it all over again next year.

Morgan loved the pretty lights on the Christmas tree

In their new jammies on Christmas eve

coming down the stairs to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning


fun presents

Ian got a very much wanted nintendo DS, we haven't been able to pry him away from it since


Cute Bedheads!

This was earlier in December before our ward Christmas party

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Our house was cold too!! I was thinking about all of those people who cook breakfast on Christmas morning...we are big cereal eaters here. For Christmas, the kids pick out their favorite box of cereal and then thats what they have on Christmas morning. I was glad the power came back on when it did, otherwise we would have all been huddled under blankets all day!! You guys were brave to head out into the snow storm!

Megan said...

Oh man, I don't miss the snow and cold weather. I turn my heater on here if it dips down into the 40's and 50's. I don't enjoy being cold. Glad to see you had a merry christmas. Do share your Cinnamon roll recipe with us! :)

Sharlyn said...

sounds like a pleasant holiday despite the cold :) It sure was cold here, and snowy too. I can't remember if the wind blew Christmas day or not, but we stayed inside anyway. Cute pictures!

Sharlyn said...

Jayleen, thought I had your email address, but I guess I don't :) I'm on facebook and went looking for you to add you and couldn't find you. Still learning, so add me if you can :)