Today marks the anniversary of my birth. WOW...I don't feel 35 I feel 25, but the gray hairs on my head don't say 25. Yes, I do HAVE to color my hair to cover them up, it's really sad. It's just hard to believe that only 5 years from now I'll be 40. How is that really possible? I remember my parents turning 40 and that literally seemed like yesterday. I'm starting to believe that the saying "your only as old as you feel" is becoming more true EVERY day. This is how I felt about my Birthday last year . I felt guilty about posting that after feeling very ungrateful for my life, when there's so many people out there fighting for just one more day. I have realized that I can't take this life for granted, it is a gift. Even though getting older is not the most pleasant thing, I truly am grateful for my life and that I am here to enjoy another year with those friends and family members that I love.
I would love for someone to make a cake that looked like this for my birthday. It's so whimsical.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!
happy birthday!! you have a great perspective!
Okay, I'm going to practice my cake-making skills and give that cake to you some day. It may take a very long time though, I'm not that good. How does it look for your 100th??
Hope you had a great day Jay! If Amy doesn't get around to making your cake (and I know she probably could do it!!) Take a honeymoon to Boston and have Jeff hire the Ace of Cakes guys to make it! You totally deserve the cake and a honeymoon!!!
Happy be-lated birthday! You know...30 was a little hard for me. 31-33 was easy. Then 35 hit. I was a little too pre-occupied being in labor for 10 hours and then giving birth to my baby on my birthday. 36 was hard and now I'm approaching 36 and 1/2 years old in a matter of a few days, and I'm freaking out. Freaking out!
You look wonderful and you don't look a day over 25! Hope you had a wonderful day!
jayleen- Happy Belated Birthday girl!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! I think you are an amazing girl! Life only gets better....:)
Happy belated Jayleen! Just remember that only a week later I'll hit 40 too and then we can both be 40 together! Hope you had a good day :)
I've gotten behind on my blogging communication. Trying to do better. It's good to see all the pics of the kids :)
Post a Comment