Sunday, November 18, 2007

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie



I thought it would be fun to start doing a recipe on my blog since I like to bake so much. I'm going to try and do it weekly, but I'm not making any promises. I haven't tried the recipe that I'm going to start with but I saw it my Kraft Food magazine that I get a few times a year and thought it look delicious!!! I'm really not a fan of just plain pumpkin pie, but anythying with cream cheese has to be good.


Prep: 20 Min - Total 4 hours 20 min (includes refrigerating time)

4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 T milk
1 T sugar
1 tub - 8 oz Cool Whip
1 Honey Miad Graham Pie Crust ( 6 oz) - or you can make your own
1 cup milk
1 can - 15 oz pumpkin
2 pkg - 4 serving size each Jell-O vanilla flavor instant Pudding and Pie filling
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloved

Mix cream cheese, 1 T milk and the sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Spread onto bottom of crust.

Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl. Add pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices. Beat with wire wisk 2 min. or until well blended - mixture will be thick. Spread over cream cheese layer

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store in refrigerator

Makes 10 servings


Calories 300, Fat 13g, Chol 15mg, Sodium 240mg, Carbs 42g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g, Protein 3g

4 comments:

Angie Nichols said...

Oh yum. That looks heavenly. I'm with you on the pumpkin pie, it's not my favorite... but this recipe looks like it will taste divine :)

Kim said...

i get so excited to get my kraft food magazine! the best simple yummy recipes. this one really looks good. i'm a huge pumpkin fan--but not always pumpkin pie, it's texture thing i guess. But you can't go wrong with cream cheese!
I made the pumpkin pie bars in this month's magazine for enrichemt. They were pretty good--but didn't cut out into bars very easily. It worked better just to scoop it out with a spoon.

Jill said...

oh i'm so excited! you always have yummy treats

The Shane Gang said...

I'll have to try this one! I told my mom that I was going to make a banana cream pie for Thanksgiving. I don't know if she doesn't trust my cooking or what, but she bought me one from a lady in our ward that does catering. Hey, whatever the reason I'm really not complaining because I don't have to make it!! and it will probably be gourmet!!