Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sickies Sickies!!!!

Both of the kids have been sick since Wednesday. It started with Morgan having diarreah, And Ian tossing his cookies in the middle of the night on Thursday. I woke up to "Splat, Splat". I literally JUMPED out of bed to see what it was, Needless to say I don't think I'll ever be able to eat Chicken soup with wild rice again. They are slowly getting better, but poor Morgan's bum has a bad rash. I can't count how many times I changed her clothes and diaper yesterday. Both Jeff and I started to feel bad too, but it quickly passed. In the back of my head I'm thinking that Morgan got sick from one of my cub scouts on Tuesday that couldn't keep his hands off her. No better way to build a child's immune system, bring them to my cub scout den!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, sick kids...I remember being so glad when Caleb was finally old enough to throw up in the toilet or a bowl instead of all over the carpet or sofa.
That's rough having them both sick--but maybe better getting it all done with in one swoop than having it drag out from person to person and then start all over again? Hope you are all feeing better!

Angie Nichols said...

Oh man :( I'm sorry your kids are still sick. We've been battling colds but I'd take that anyday to throwing up & diarrhea. I hope they get better soon and that you and your husband don't get it.

Jill said...

great sound effects! completely envisioned your delicious (i'm sure the 1st time) soup rocketing across a room at midnight. so sorry they were sick. do you have a carpet cleaner yet? buy one! skip some bill this month and git yer self one!

the joys and benefits of cubbies.

Jayleen said...

I have one of the little green carpent cleaning machines, it's not the full size thing, but it's great for spot cleaning. The reason I bought it in the first place, is because Ian can't seem to get to the toilet fast enough (throwing up, that is)!!!

Kim said...

ok, jayleen, somehow those little germs came through your blog to my computer and hit gracie. she has been throwing up today and yesterday-but hasn't eaten since late saturday, and barely drinking. i thought she was getting better last night--there was some life to her, she was even running around a little. but this morning she has been so lathargic and sad. i gave her her blankie and a pillow and she sat on the couch and watched the entire cinderella movie. i'm trying saltines, sprite, pedialyte, popcycles, flavored water. it all just comes right back up. any suggestions? poor girl.

Jayleen said...

Oh poor thing! Morgan is STILL having diareah. I called the pediatrician yesterday and they said to give her pedialyte but she won't drink it. They also said to try the B.R.A.T. diet which is - Bananas, Rice, apples and dry toast. Maybe just try having her just take a small sip of 7-up every 20-30 and then maybe a half a saltine cracker. That's what Ian did when he was sick last week, if he ate it too fast then it would just come right back up. Jeff ended up getting sick on Sunday and staying home from work yesterday, I hope it just bypasses me! I hope she feels better soon. Having sick kids is no fun!

The Shane Gang said...

I'm sorry...there is nothing worse than sick kids (other than being sick yourself) although I think it might be worse to clean up someone elses throw up. Make sure the sickies don't make it through my blog. Jaxon is fussy enough without being sick! Hang in there!