Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Dreaded Treadmill!!!


My poor treadmill stands so lonely in our family room collecting dust. Every time I walk by it, I feel so guilty for not utilizing it like I should. I know it's calling out my name begging for some attention, and I know it's telling me that 2 times a week isn't nearly enough attention. Why or Why is it so hard to give that piece of equipment some desperately needed attention. Maybe it's because Morgan has been sick and very fussy and just wants to be held all day. Maybe it's because I have ripe bananas that need to be used to make banana bread. Maybe it's because the dishwasher needs unloaded and re-loaded, the carpets need vacuumed, the bathrooms need cleaned, the beds need made, the laundry that's been sitting in baskets for 2 days needs folded, bills that need paid, visiting teaching that needs to get done, organizing my desk and so much more. I am more and more amazed at women who seem to have it all together. I want to be more together, more organized, less stressed about cleaning my house and take more time to play with my kids. It's all a balancing act, and sometimes I feel like I'm tipping off to one side or even upside down most of the time. I know I only have 2 children, and those of you with more children are probably thinking "She's got it easy, she only has 2". I know it's my fault that I'm so unorganized and not good at keeping a schedule, but some days isn't it so nice just to say "schedule schmedule, I don't want to do anything today, but just stay in my P.J.'s all day, hold my baby, and watch Oprah"!!! Someday...maybe I'll have it all together like my idol June Cleaver, but for now, I'll enjoy my kids while they still like me and work on that another day!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Amen to that! What was June's secret? seriously though, I don't think June Cleavers really exist. I've come to believe, and it makes me feel better I guess, that pretty much all moms feel overwhelmed and upsidedown most of the time. Sometimes I get so excited because my house is actually all clean, we've had our scripture study, family prayer, a beautiful dinner, man oh man I've done good today kind of feeling. and then I turn around and Gracie throws up all over the just-cleaned carpet, Caleb accidentally spilled the entire jug of milk on the floor and i just realized i was supposed to have a dessert ready to take to enrichment. Sigh. Who knows why it gets so crazy or why we make it so crazy. I totally agree with you--sometims you just have to let everything else go and hold your little snuggly babies. Schedule shmedule that's right!

Jill said...

Yeah for pajama days. Go ahead and take one. When Ashton was a baby I always let my house get messy because I knew he was going to grow up so fast. So hold your baby and read a book or watch a show. Poo Poo on you laundry and dishes - you can wait.
Someday we'll have our houses in perfect order and clutter free. All of the "grandma's" in my life tell me they miss the clutter because it meant their little ones were nearby.
I think we should all stage a coup on perfectly clean houses. Next time your Visiting Teachers come over let them help you fold towels or mate socks.

The Shane Gang said...

You are too cute, and I can totally relate. Jaxon has had a few bad days lately wants to be held too. I say to myself, "why shower, why get ready, why not watch movies all day?" Sounds good to me! My mom always said that she wishes she would have worried about the house less and playing with us more, so I try to remember that when things are all in disarray!

Angie Nichols said...

I laughed when I read your post, because it was put so well and rang so true. I was thinking just this week as I kissed my 6-year-old goodnight how I wish I could rewind time and live a day when he was a baby and spend it just holding and snuggling him. Such precious days and they are gone way too fast. I think you're a great mom. My mother once said to me after I complained that my house was a mess "I would be worried if your house was spotless" meaning if my kids are happy and my house isn't perfect, I'm doing just fine with my priorities :)