Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Junk Drawer



What's lurking in your junk drawer? Do you even have a junk drawer or are you one of "those" people that has EVERYTHING organized...if you are then don't respond to this post because then I might throw my junk drawer at you! J/K!!! I really do love organized people and admire their ability to ALWAYS stay on top of things. I don't realize I'm in trouble until it's OUT OF CONTROL!!!!! So, I'm attempting to organize little by little. If I think about all I need to do to get organized I get overwhelmed and I tend to go on strike and not do it at all. I tackeld the kitchen junk drawer and embarassing enough it was so full, that the contents were spilling out in the back in into the cupboard below. YIKES!!! Here's what I found:


Magazine - 2 years old

nuts, bolts, screws - to who knows what

matches

old Christmas cards

way too many pencils and pens

saftey pins

take out menus

old reciepts

samples of laundry and cleaning solutions - probably from when we first moved in

weight watchers material

ribbon

lotion

Christmas and Halloween goodie bags

Christmas gift stickers

3D glasses

hair bows

wrist bands

plug-ins for room scents (4)

fake dollars

Kleenex

highlighters

formula coupons

water bottle lid

star stickers

smiley stickers
box tops
bike lock keys
screwdriver


Who knew so much could fit in a drawer, Obviously though it wasn't fitting because it was literly spilling out everywhere!!!!









6 comments:

Sara said...

Good job, that drawer looks great! Organizing is a constant battle even when you are an "organized person." We are in the process of combining our guest room and office so we can have a nursery so we are going through so many things right now...it's a pain, but working on a drawer here and there makes it much more do-able. Good luck and happy organizing!

Julie Wiley said...

I no longer have room for junk drawers. I have junk boxes and baskets but they unfortunately look a lot like your drawer did.

Natalie said...

I love the 2 year-old magazine! I will admit I have more than one junk drawer, all in desperate need of a good clean-out! You've inspired me.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Ahh, the infamous "junk drawer." Yes we have one and Dustin hates it! He is on of "those" people. I am not. I have intentions, but have so many more things to do. Good for you to clean yours out. I will, but 2 hrs later it's a disaster! Why try?

Alvey family said...

I love, love, love that you will show us the drawer. It makes me feel human. Don't we all have junk drawer, cluttered laundry room or disorganized garage? I'm a total surface cleaner... hate doing the hard core deep stuff, but you've inspired me. Maybe today I'll go look for the last few missing items from our move (4 months ago!)

Shauna said...

Yes, I have a junk drawer very similar to that one! Good job cleaning it out! Hopefully it will stay that way for a long time!