Monday, September 8, 2008

Random Sampler

What's been going on in our neck of the woods? Not really a whole lot! Although the "not a whole lot" is keeping me busy enough that I'm finding it hard to have enough time to take a deep breath. I've been working about 5 hours a day, and although I'm home all day It's been hard to squeeze keeping my house in order by doing so. I've been reading an incredible book called "He Did Deliver Me From Bondage", I recommend it to anyone and everyone, although the spiritual work is VERY hard and grueling I have come to understand my savior and the atonement on a deeper level than ever before in my life. It's a book about ridding your life of addictions and compulsive behaviors, it uses the 12 step process that AA uses only with using the Book of Mormon. I'm starting step 5 with a small group of amazing women and I have to say step 4 was the HARDEST step I had to take in this process, I didn't quite finish step 4, but since the group is moving on, I'm moving along with them and when we are done as a group, I'm planning on re-reading the book and doing the steps over again at my own pace. It's a book that I know I will read MANY times over in my lifetime.

Ian is working hard trying to earn his Bear badge. Here's a picture of Ian making "Monkey Munch" one saturday for a yummy treat and to also help him pass off a Bear requirement. His school recently had an egg drop. He has a fool proof method for dropping an egg without it breaking:


and Morgan is just BUSY and growing so darn fast. I caught her this morning actually sitting, not jumping on the couch and reading her book. Yesterday when Jeff and I were both reading she hurried and grabbed her book and started reading too.



Here she is crawling all over her daddy and giving him loves


Helping Dad in the garage
This was the first time I tried to put ponies on the sides, it was really cute for all of 5 minutes, but it's still not quite long enough in the back to hold for very long!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Your kids are so so so cute. I love that picture of Morgan giving Jeff a hug. It was so great seeing you guys. Your family is beautiful.

R.G. said...

I've been meaning to get that book, glad to know it comes recommended. Its sure fun to see how things are in your neck of the woods!

Sharlyn said...

Sounds like a great book, I'll have to search it out. Love the pics of your family! I need to to a catch up on what's been happening to us blog entry too, been too busy to post much lately. Thanks for the book reccomendation!

Alvey family said...

I want the recipe for "Monkey Munch!" It looks yummy. Also, I once got a recipe from you (at least I'm pretty sure it was yours) for Buttermilk Syrup, but I've lost it somewhere. When you have a moment will you email those recipes to me: bretandcarrie@hotmail.com

Angie Nichols said...

I'll have to get that book! That sounds like a great one. WE need to get together for lunch! Let me know what day is good for you :)