My dear sweet
Nana passed away this morning with my mom and dad and my aunt by her side. About 6 weeks ago she found out she had lung cancer. She moved to Montana to be closer to my mom and to help her with her cancer treatments. This was a very big move for her, she hasn't lived outside of her house for 50+ years. She was a homebody and didn't like to go anywhere, but when her Doctor suggested that she go be closer to family, she listened and went. She was brave and was enjoying meeting new friends, playing bridge, going to church services and visiting with family.
Unfortunately this didn't last, and she quickly went down hill, requiring 24/7 care, and last week she entered hospice care, and decided to forgo further cancer treatments. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I had to visit with her this past July. I'll never forget the sweet memories that I have of her. She is in a better place free of her ailing body and mind. I'm sure she is having a wonderful family reunion seeing so many family and friends that have passed on.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandma. You'll be in our prayers!
Sorry about your grandma Jayleen!!
She certainly didn't have to suffer very long so that is good.
She will be missed by many. Hope your family is all doing well through this. And glad she could spend her last few months with those she loved. Lovely post.
Sorry to hear of your loss! It can be sad, but it is nice that she didn't have to suffer too long.
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet grandmother! Your family is in my prayers.
So sorry for your loss Jayleen! So nice that she could be those she loved and enjoying life for those last few months. Your amily is in our prayers!
((((Hugs)))) to you Jayleen. Hope you're comforted that she's not hurting anymore. I'll be thinking of you :)
Post a Comment