Tuesday, September 28, 2010

O'Canada

Last week I ventured to Canada with my brother and sister. We drove a long 12 hours (didn't I just do that in July) and picked up my brother in Great Falls at the airport, and then went to my parents house in Montana. On Saturday we drove to Cardston, Alberta, Canada so that we could do the temple work for Nana, and other family members. My parents are temple workers at the temple in Cardston. Carston is an LDS community with only 3,000 people and it has 3 stakes. My sister and I spent a lot of the afternoon in the Temple doing work. The next morning we got up super early and left to do the work for family member. It was a very neat experience to do work for my grandmother, my emotions were close to the surface all day.

After the Temple we took the long way home through Glacier National Park. It was such a beautiful drive, but knowing that I was going to be in the car another 12 hours the next day, was a little exhausting. I think we were in the car a total of 35 hours in a 4 day period, ugh. It was so nice to spend time with just my siblings and parents. It's been years since we've been together.

I was so exhausted by the time we got home on Sunday, that yesterday I hardly managed to get myself out of bed, but I'm sure glad that I made the trip and had the experience spending 2 days in the temple.


Mom, Shawna & I at the Border

Dad, Me, Shawna, Scott, Matt & Tyler at the Boarder


Mom, Me, Shawna Scott, Matt & Ty at the Border

Shawna and I eating dinner after spending Friday afternoon in the Temple (the boys went to a high school football game)


Shawna and I waited outside of the Temple to pick-up my parents after their Friday night shift. I got this awesome picture of the Temple at night.

Glacier National Park



2 comments:

ChicChat said...

Looks beautiful up there. How fun to have a little family trip.

Sharlyn said...

How nice to spend some time with your family! Glad you got to go :)