Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flashback

I have the following flashback when ever I think of this Movie:



When I was 7 1/2 my family moved across town to a bigger house to accommodate our growing family. After shortly settling in there was a knock on the door that would forever change my life...it was the newspaper sales lady. My parents thought that it would be great for my older sister and I to share a newspaper route. At first we thought that it would be o.k., although I wasn't too excited about getting up in the morning before the sunrise, I thought the money would be really great to have. This newspaper route started out o.k. We would wake up to a bundle of newspapers on the front porch, we would then roll the newspapers, put a rubber band around them and a bag them. Then we would stuff the newspapers into our carrier, my dad would then have to lift the bag filled with newspapers over our head and onto our shoulders. Sunday papers were every child's nightmare to have to carry, they would be so big and bulky we would have to come back and re-load our bags to finish our route. I remember on occasion crying through my whole route because they just killed my poor little back. My dad was a trooper and would often carry the Sunday papers because they were just too much for us. The daily routine of delivering newspapers became all too monotonous until on one particular morning after watching the Disney movie "Watcher In the Woods". My sister had a slumber the night before and we all stayed up watching this movie. This movie freaked me out so bad that I would be in tears while delivering papers and hiding from all cars that would drive by. I don't know how long I delivered papers, way too long if you ask me. Thankfully we quit after my parents realized that it was no longer worth the hassle for the little money that we were paid.

1 comment:

Sharlyn said...

ohhhhh.......that movie.....*shudder* I watched it at a slumber party too. Then we couldn't sleep, so we watched it AGAIN. Doesn't make much sense.