Monday, May 12, 2008

Delicious Cookies

My mom was in town this last weekend watching my sisters kids. They made me these delicious melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies, aren't they adorable?


Scotch Shortbread:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
2 cups white flour
Combine butter and powdered sugar, add flour, press in a jelly roll pan - spread the dough as evenly as possible. Prick with a fork and chill for 1/2 hour. Cut while still warm. Cut into diamond shapes. These are especailly good when the ends are dipped in chocolate

5 comments:

jilliebean said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe! And that picture is great! Did you take it?

Jayleen said...

Yes, I did take it :-)!!!

R.G. said...

Shortbread is one of my favorites! We might be trying this on the weekend. Yum!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Yummy, I will definitely be trying to make those. Mine probably won't turn out so pretty!

Kristen said...

Hey Jayleen. I am so thrilled to see you have 2 kids! She is adorable. I guess it's all about the timing isn't it?!

When I got pregnant with Madden I couldn't believe it. After all we went through to get Noah and Madden was a piece of cake.

So good to hear from you.